Careers / Therapist Aide (full-time)
Therapist Aide (full-time)
The therapist aide will be working in AACPS schools and the Anne Arundel County homes of each client’s family. The therapist aide should have experience with early childhood and elementary aged children. The therapist aide should be enthusiastic about helping children succeed in their educational goals. The therapist aide will work with an advanced-level licensed clinician.
Knowledge, Skills, Education/Training and Experience Requirements:
- 2+ years of knowledge and experience working with the implementation, and monitoring of behavioral and instructional programming for young students with autism, emotional disability and related behavior disorders
- 2+ years of experience with providing in-home services, family systems and relational patterns
- Works collaboratively and effectively with treatment team
- Has at least a high school diploma or its equivalency
- Must possess a valid Maryland Driver’s license
- Must pass criminal background checks
- Must have Microsoft Office skills, particularly word and excel
- Must be organized, flexible, and have the ability to demonstrate self-motivation and prioritization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- During school hours, for up to 4 hours per week per student, the therapist aide will provide individual support to the student and treatment team by modeling behaviors as implemented by the behavioral therapist. The therapist aide will also adjust the treatment plan as directed by the therapist and work on implementing any changes as needed.
- The therapist aide will provide ongoing support to the caregiver/family in their home for up to 3 hours a week. This will include role-playing, any behavior modeling that therapist has suggested, and will work collaboratively with family/caregiver both inside and outside of the home.
- The therapist aide will not work more than 40 hours per week.