Careers / Therapist Aide
Therapist Aides work in AACPS schools and visit the Anne Arundel County homes to meet with the client’s family. Therapist aides should have experience with early childhood and elementary aged children. Therapist aides should be enthusiastic about helping children succeed in their educational goals. Each therapist aide works with a licensed clinician.
- Has at least a high school diploma or its equivalency
- Available 1-2 evenings per week
- Access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass a background check and drug test.
Knowledge, Skills, Education/Training and Experience Requirements:
- 2+ years of knowledge and experience working with the implementation, and monitoring of behavioral and instructional programming for young students with autism, emotional disability and related behavior disorders
- 2+ years of experience with providing in-home services, family systems and relational patterns, desired but not required
- Must be able to effectively collaborate with treatment team
- Effective oral and written communication
- Computer skills, i.e. Microsoft office and EMR
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Bi-lingual candidates are urged to apply
- Must be flexible and have the ability to demonstrate self-motivation and prioritization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- During school hours, for up to 4 hours per week per student, each therapist aide provides individual support to the student and treatment team by modeling behaviors as implemented by the behavioral therapist. They will also adjust the treatment plan as needed by the therapist and work on implementing any changes as needed.
- The therapist aide will provide ongoing support to the caregiver/family in their home for up to 3 hours a week. This will include role-playing, any behavior modeling that therapist has suggested, and will work collaboratively with family/caregiver both inside and outside of the home.
- Therapist aides do not work more than 40 hours per week.
REASONS TO BECOME A THRIVER:
- Competitive salaries
- Benefits including but not limited to: health, paid time off, paid holidays, 401k plan with a match, company paid life insurance, disability insurances
- Positive and supportive work environment
- Clinical and administrative supervision provided to therapists
- Yoga and other wellness incentives are available
- In-house CEUs available and participation in several training initiative
- Thrive is a rapidly growing company offering opportunities for advancement and the ability to create/develop professional specialties
And so much more!