Careers / Therapist Intern, Graduate level
Therapist Intern, Graduate level
The student intern at Thrive Behavioral Health is responsible for providing mental health treatment to clients in an off-site, community setting. As part of a multidisciplinary team, the student intern will perform direct services including individual, family and group therapy, assessments, consultations and crisis interventions within the scope of the respective individual’s training; while under the direct supervision of the individual supervisor (Board-Approved LCPC or LCSW-C). Our staff and supervisors focus on client relationships, learning, and growth, in preparing interns to be psychotherapists.
What you can expect to learn:
- How to build rapport and use of basic counseling skills.
- Implementation of clinical interventions.
- Development of Individualized treatment plans.
- Clinical documentation of services using an Electronic Medical Record.
- How to provide services and maintain documentation in compliance with agency policies,
COMAR standards, Joint Commission standards, and all state and federal regulations, in addition to the policies and regulations set by the student intern’s University.
- Current enrollment as a degree-seeking student in a mental health related graduate program (social work, counseling, pastoral counseling, rehab counseling, etc).
- Must be able to work in a community setting without a supervisor who is physically present at all times.
- Must be available at least one full weekday to attend mandatory meetings and supervision. Required hours of student availability will vary depending on educational requirements.
- Commitment of one academic year (or two full semesters) is preferred.
- Access to reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass a background check and drug test.
The ideal candidate has the ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner, shows a willingness to help others, is open to new learning experiences, and is motivated to seek and accept guidance.
REASONS TO BECOME A THRIVER:
- Competitive salaries
- Benefits including but not limited to: health, paid time off, paid holidays, 401k plan with a match, company paid life insurance, disability insurances
- Positive and supportive work environment
- Clinical and administrative supervision provided to therapists
- Yoga and other wellness incentives are available
- In-house CEUs available and participation in several training initiative
- Thrive is a rapidly growing company offering opportunities for advancement and the ability to create/develop professional specialties
And so much more!